In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Mac Enterprises Pty Ltd t/as The Carringbush Hotel, operators of this website.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect falls into two categories: contact details and publishable content.
- Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not personally store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website.
- HOW WE COLLECT IT
Contact details and publishable content are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
- WHY WE COLLECT IT AND HOW WE USE IT
Publishable content is collected and republished where applicable in order to enable a two-way conversation in public between us and our website visitors.
We collect your personal contact details:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity
- To fulfil orders made by you
- To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
- HOW WE DISCLOSE IT
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties, under the following circumstances:
- As part of a sale of all or part of our business
- When explicitly authorised to do so by yourself at the time you supply the information
- As required or authorised by any applicable law
- As required for processing of credit card payments by Internet Payment Gateways and Merchant Facilities.
- As part of any investigation by us into you or your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
- To lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
- PUBLISHABLE CONTENT
When you submit content to us for publication (including but not limited to comments, testimonials, votes, or forum posts) you assign to us a transferrable, perpetual right to publish and/or commercially exploit the content without limitation. You also warrant in submitting the content that the content is owned or produced by yourself or you otherwise have permission to assign publication rights to us. Publication rights do not extend to fields specifically marked as private (e.g. your email address), except in cases of clear violations of our terms of .
Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website, and/or republished on other websites at our discretion.
If you provide personal information either of your own or of any third party as part of publishable content, you warrant that you have permission to publish that information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of that information.
If you find your personal information published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 8.
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
With the exclusion of information supplied for publication (as outlined in section 5), we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is not lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties, including by means of firewalls, password locking, truncation of credit card data, encryption of data in transit, and secured servers.
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You must ensure the security and confidentiality of any username and/or password used by yourself to access this website. You agree that you will be held responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password (including but not limited to publication of illegal or defamatory material or any other unlawful activity, or unauthorised charging of your credit card).
You agree that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party and that the collection and use of your information by third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 8.
- GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right (excluding exceptions outlined in the Privacy Act) to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, you can contact us as outlined in section 8.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please contact us in writing at:
The Privacy Officer, Mac Enterprises t/a The Carringbush Hotel, 288 Langridge Street, Abbotsford VIC 3057 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All general images on this website are Copyright Mac Enterprises Pty Ltd, or used with permission of copyright owners and may not be redistributed or reproduced in any way, shape, or form without written permission. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws. Images submitted by listed entities are used here with their permission – copyright of these image remains with the submitters.
Pages, code, scripts and/or other content from this site also may not be redistributed or reproduced in any way, shape, or form without written permission from Mac Enterprises Pty Ltd. Failure to do so is also a violation of copyright laws.